Chase Trails membership costs just £15 per year and is a great way to support your local trails. Chase Trails volunteers do not get paid for their time so all of your membership subscriptions are used to fund the many costs associated with our work from purchasing new tools and equipment to buying the materials needed to build and surface the trails. In the last year we have bought tools, wheelbarrows, drills and batteries, gloves, screws, nuts and bolts, feather and wedges for splitting rock and petrol to keep our generator and wacker plate running. We can’t build decent trails without decent tools: a wheelbarrow costs £35, a spade £20, cordless SDS drill £160 – your money is invested in the future of mountain biking on the Chase.
- Regular emails with information about Chase Trails and mountain biking on Cannock Chase
- Exclusive Chase Trails car sticker
- Exclusive Chase Trails post-it notes
- Exclusive Chase Trails pen
- Complimentary tea and coffee at Swinnerton Cycles Forest Centre
New members will also receive the following:
- Exclusive Chase Trails membership card
- Complimentary copy of the Forestry Commission’s Cannock Chase mountain bike trail map
This year we are pleased to offer an extensive package of discount to our members (full details will be sent in membership pack):
- Discount on bikes, clothing and accessories at
- Discount on skills courses and guided rides provided by The Bike School and Chase Skills
- Discount on MBLA training courses / assessment provided by Wheelie Cool Mountain Biking
- Discount on MIAS training courses / assessment provided by Mountain Bike Adventures
- Discount on Go Ape at Birches Valley.
- Discount on dental care / treatment at Great Haywood Family Dental Practice
- Discount on physiotherapy at Nuffield Health, Cannock
Prefer to pay by cash or cheque?
If you’d prefer not to use PayPal, download the membership form and post it with your cheque to the address on the form. If you would prefer to pay with cash (please don’t send it in the post) you can drop your form and money into Swinnerton Cycles (Birches Valley Forest Centre).
We run memberships from the beginning of April to the end of the following March. This has been found to be the most efficient way of doing things and saves what would otherwise be a very intensive task, to keep track of everything.
Chase Trails Membership does not include free parking for Birches Valley Forest Centre. You will need to purchase a Forestry Commission Discovery Pass online, from the FC office (weekdays only) or from Swinnerton Cycles (cash only). These cost £40 and give you unlimited parking at Birches Valley plus various discounts and other perks.
Alternatively, why not come trail building? All trail builders get a free day pass for parking, and if you become a regular trail builder and join us frequently enough, you’ll get a year-long pass.