Chase Trails was formed in partnership with the Forestry Commission and we work closely together with them to maintain and build the mountain bike trails on Cannock Chase.
- Chase Trails volunteers are treated as “employees” of the FC (direct volunteers) – not a “them and us” approach.
- FC provide support with PPE, first aid kits, building materials (timber, rocks, surfacing), tool storage, loan of trailers.
- FC handle the “red tape” issues (e.g. HSE matters) so CT can get on with what we want to do.
- FC assisted in securing over £200,000 of National Lottery funding for The Monkey Trail.
- FC have provided chainsaw and trail inspection training.
- FC trust CT – given freedom under FC guidance.
- CT responsible for our actions – complete safety sheets/RAs etc.