We’re delighted to announce we’ll be having a BIG BUILD DAY hosted by ourselves and the fantastic folks over at Specialized Bicycles, on Sunday 31st March 2019.
By coming along and helping us out trailbuilding for the day, you’ll be in with the chance of winning an awesome tricked-out Stumpjumper with Öhlins, Hope Technology and Renthal components!
If you would like to come along, please click the link below to sign up for a free ‘ticket’ – there are 34 tickets available in total, and you’ll need to do this to be in with a chance of winning the bike.
WHEN: Sunday 31st March 2019 at 11am
WHERE: ‘Absinthe’ on the Monkey Trail. (Directions below.)
SIGN UP: http://soilsearching.co.uk/
Can’t make it but still want to enter the raffle? Don’t worry – you can also enter online by making a donation of £5. After the raffle, proceeds will be split evenly among the trailbuilding groups that Specialized are working with – B1KE (Surrey Hills), Trail Blazers (Hamsterley Forest), ourselves, another group (TBC), and the Trail Fairies (Glentress). You can enter the raffle here.
Directions to Absinthe Trail Site
Because of the rural setting Sat Nav location is approximate. The nearest is WS15 1QW. The site entrance is a little to the south west of that and roughly halfway between Beaudesert Golf Club and the Cannock Chase Camping and Caravan Club site and on the same side of the road.
If you put that postcode into Google Maps you will see Beaudesert Old Car Park marked. It is closed. The Absinthe fire road entrance is directly opposite.
Directions from Cannock/Hednesford
- Take the A460 Rugeley Road north from Hednesford. On the left note an ALDI store.
- A few hundred yards later at traffic lights turn right into Rawnsley Road.
- Pass through housing to open country (30mph speed limit) and take 1st left onto (another) Rugeley Road signposted Hazel Slade / Rugeley.
- Pass into open country then forest. Keep an eye open on left for Beaudesert Golf Club, and pass it.
- After several hundred yards, turn left onto the first fire road entrance into the forest.
Directions from Rugeley
- Take the A460 Hednesford Road south from Rugeley.
- Immediately after leaving the built-up area turn left into Stile Cop Road Signposted to Stile Cop Cemetery!
- Go past the cemetery on left to the top of the hill and a cross roads.
- Turn right, signposted to Hednesford (ignore the gravel fire road to the immediate right).
- Pass the Camping & Caravanning Club site on the right.
- Turn right on to the first fire road entrance into the forest.
In the forest – be alert for mountain bikers, horses and walkers.
- Proceed carefully on the gravel fire road – 15mph speed limit.
MOUNTAIN BIKERS WILL BE USING THIS FIRE ROAD.
- Bear left at the 1st junction and proceed into a quite large open area and park.
- This is the Absinthe site rally point, ‘The Sandpit’.